Over 4,700 women from 97 countries have received approximately $40 million in scholarships under the PEO International Peace Scholarship since it was founded in 1949. The scholarship is one way PEO helps its International Peace Scholarship Fund, which gives women all over the world access to educational possibilities.
PEO International Peace Scholarship Details
- Host Country: USA & Canada
- Award amount: Less or ≈$12,500
- Eligible Countries: Internationals
- Deadline: The timeline for application is listed below.
- Scholarship timeline: Annually
Timeline for Application:
- Application deadline: December 15, 2022
- March 1, 2023: The deadline for applicants who are already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended.
- April 1, 2023: The deadline for applicants who have not yet enrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended. Last day for applicants who will be attending Cottey College to submit completed application materials
PEO International Peace Scholarship Benefits/ Coverage
- A student can receive up to $12,500 in funding. Smaller sums may be awarded based on individual needs.
- Although the scholarship is based on financial need, it does not aim to pay for all living or educational costs. The applicant must at the time of application attest to having additional financial resources sufficient to cover her anticipated expenses. Additional funding options include personal and family finances, tuition waivers, labor scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants, and other scholarships.
In May, the winners will be declared. The PEO International scholarship will be paid out in two installments, one in August and the other in December.
The PEO International Peace Scholarship is a need-based scholarship. To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a woman who is not a citizen of the United States or Canada
- Be enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in a full-time graduate study program at a university in the United States or Canada
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be in good academic standing
- Unless combined with coursework, scholarships are not awarded for research, internships, or practical training. Awards should not be used to settle old debts.
- An applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled, and be in residence for the entire school year to be eligible for her first scholarship.
- Doctoral students who have completed their coursework but are only working on their dissertations are ineligible to apply as first-time applicants.
How to Apply for the PEO International Peace Scholarship
There is an online application portal for the PEO scholarship. Click the link below to apply for the PEO International Peace Scholarship now!