The iMessage app is Apple’s premium texting platform, invented for portable devices such as iPhone, iPad, and MacBook, Mac PC. It’s a popular messaging technology that allows users to send and receive encrypted text, images, videos, voice notes, and more.
Apple users who switched to using Android always miss the iMessage application. This is because Apple designed the app as a revolutionary way to communicate with friends, family, and loved ones.
Technically, Android devices cannot use Apple iMessage. But, it is still possible to set up iMessage for your Android phone. It only requires the right software, computer, and some technical savvy. And, we’ve provided all that information for you.
Read on to know more about the iMessage app, how to get and use iMessage on Android without Mac 2021, iMessage download for Android.
The iMessage app is a premium communication app by Apple that comes with a new kind of messaging fueled by data and not the messaging plan you bought. You can send pictures, videos, files, locations, gifs, and all other kinds of different content, and communication is not limited to texts and emojis alone.
Android devices cannot use Apple iMessage because Apple uses a special end-to-end encryption system in iMessage. This encryption secures the messages from the device they’re sent on, through Apple’s servers, to the device receiving them. Therefore, the iMessage network is only usable by devices that know how to decrypt the messages.
There’s also no iMessage for Android app available on the Google Play store because Apple keeps iMessage apps exclusive to devices running iOS and macOS. This is a marketing technique to drive people to buy apple products.
How to get iMessage on Android without Mac 2021
As we’ve already mentioned, iMessage only works on iPhones and other Apple devices. But there’s an iMessage hack for Android download that allows you to send and receive iMessages on your Android phone using a third-party app.
But before you can use this third-party app, you need the following
- An iMessage account: This is probably your existing Apple ID.
- A Mac running macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher: Using weMessage requires running a program on your Mac.
- Java 7 or higher installed on your Mac.
- An Android phone running Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher.
- The app is installed on your Android phone.
That said, there is one way to get iMessage on Android: It’s a program called “weMessage ”.
iMessage download for Android
weMessage is the iMessage app for Android. It’s a standalone application available on the Google Play Store for dealing with Apple’s security for iMessage and it doesn’t require any root access whatsoever.
You can go to the weMessage website by clicking here.
However, setting up the app isn’t easy or simple. A lot of steps are involved and it requires a more complex configuration than most applications.
Here’s how to configure weMessage on Mac and Android.
CONFIGURE weMESSAGE ON MAC
- weMessage requires Java installed on your Mac to work. To check if you have it, navigate to Applications > Utilities, and then open the Terminal app pre-installed on your Mac. Type java, and then click return.
If you get an error, that means you don’t have Java. But if you don’t see the error, that means you’ve got Java installed already. You can download the latest version here.
- Next, download the weMessage program for your Mac.
- In the weMessage folder, double-tap the run. command file to start weMessage. If an error that you can’t run the program because it’s from an unidentified developer pops up, click the Apple logo > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General, then click Open Anyway.
- Next, enable some Accessibility features of your Mac. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy screen, click the Privacy tab, then click Accessibility.
- To unlock your settings, click the lock icon at the bottom left. If prompted, input the password you use to log into your Mac.
- Tap the + icon, then navigate through your hard drive to Applications > Utilities.
- Click Terminal > Open.
- To launch the program, double-click run. command again. This will launch a Terminal window.
- Enter the email address you use with iMessage.
- Next, enter a password.
HOW TO SET UP weMESSAGE ON ANDROID
1.On your Android device, install the weMessage app from the Google Play Store.
- Open weMessage on your Android.
- Click Continue.
- In the Permissions Error prompt, click OKAY to grant the app permission to access your device settings.
- On the Settings page, click the button next to Allow modifying system settings to give weMessage access.
- Click the back arrow at the top to return to the app.
- Click weMessage and then tap Set as default to choose it as a default SMS app. Choose OKAY on the “help” prompt.
- In the weMessage app, enter your Mac’s IP address into the app so that it can communicate with your computer.
- Input the iMessage email address and the password you chose during setup.
If the configurations are successful, you’ll see a screen for all your conversations. Send an iMessage text from your Android to an iPhone to test if it’s working. If the text bubbles are blue, then it’s working.
However, this configuration only works when your Android phone is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Mac. If you want to use iMessage on your Android device no matter where you are, you need to set up Port Forwarding.
Port Forwarding helps you configure your home Wi-Fi network to allow connections from the outside. This is important so that your Android device will connect back to the weMessage app on your Mac from anywhere.
The process of setting up Port Forwarding is different from that of a router or modem. To learn the best way to learn, watch the video and instructions on the weMessage website.
After you set up Port Forwarding, test it by turning off Wi-Fi on your Android device and sending an iMessage to an iPhone user.